Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Take Me Away!!

So this is just a moment where I can just get some frustrations out and have a slight moment of reprive now that I just had lunch at 3 pm. Officially, as of yesterday, the GARBC conference is now meeting on Faith Campus. There are many good things about this such as exposure to the school for perspective students, a chance make a great impression on the association, a more convenient distance for some, and the school getting really, and I mean really, fancied up for once.

It is this last one that makes me want to run home and bury my face in my pillow and take a nap to wake up and find all preparations already accomplished and the school shining! The entire campus will be used. It is now more like a hotel accomodation than ever as we are now supplying room spray, Kleenex boxes, hand soap, and even little mints on the linens.

I just came back from stripping Wal-Mart of their Equate hand soap stock and four scents of their Glade room sprays. It was actually kind of fun and I felt like I was on that Shopping Game Show. No prizes taped on any boxes though. I won't tell you how long it took to check out! So after about 129 items checked out and in the car trunk, I drove back. I rolled down the windows and imagined for a few seconds that I was laying on the grass at home in the sun. Maybe later.

Now I have the stuff still in the trunk and I am about to go take all the supplies to the residence halls to be distributed. I hope they feel quite homey next week when they visit. I will be on my way to Salt Lake City, UT on Friday so I will be great!! Seriously though, if you can, you should really attend part of the conference.

No comments: