Thursday, October 11, 2007

Catch-Up and Cut-up!

Welcome to Fall!! Yesterday, a lesson well learned, I forgot my coat as we ran out the door to a meeting with our wedding photographer before Youth group. I thought briefly about running back, but we were already late and it wasn't too bad right then. The rest of the evening my arms assumed the straight jacket position. I did get a coat from Zach later and all was good, but I had the worst time trying to get warm the rest of the night.

All this to say that the weather is changing and it smells wonderful and the sunsets and sunrises are most beautimous! Ya just have to wear warm clothes. This means that I get to pull out my winter tub of clothes. This consists of going through and trying on each to see what fits and then washing them all the the great switch. I have fun finding old favorites and then a few sad moments when I say goodbye to the summer favorites. Great fun, I tell ya!!!

Ahcck! Just a moment ago, my dear fiance called and informed me that he is waiting in the emergency room. He almost took off both of his thumbs about 45 min. ago. Gouged to the bone. He was alone, fainted, woke up and finished the job for about 30 more minutes and then drove himself to the emergency room. Seriously!! So he might need a ride home, or more like it, I will go get him.

This also makes me envision the next couple of days. I will drive more than usual, cook most of his meals (spoon feed him?), carry his stuff, and who knows what. Poor baby! I wonder if I could take sick hours off for him. And man, oh man!! Ouch!!

You know though I have never seen him on pain meds. That might be somewhat entertaining!

No comments: