Monday, October 15, 2007

Boys, Get A Clue!

Yesterday, Zach and I had our few youth group kids that we disciple over for the afternoon. There was three for me and two for Zach. One of his boys couldn't come so we snagged another. We even got to take the new bright yellow church van with backing-up beeping to haul the teens around. It even has the gleeful primary colored writing on the side proclaiming Kids4Truth Club!

The van ride was the only time that we were together. We ate dinner and played around separately for the mental health of both groups. You see Jr. High girls just don't think the same as Jr. High boys. For all of you who have been there or have been around any in the past, I leave all the details to your memory and current knowledge.

There was baked pasta, baking, cider, coffee, and games for the afternoon for the girls. The guys had pizza and video games. At one time the guys came over to drop off a disposable plate for our cookies. Once they left, by unanimous opinion the three locks on my door were locked. I didn't even know that I had three locks. We did allow one cookie a piece to each though.

It really was a ton of fun, though we had to leave early for choir. I was wamped in Clue. I haven't played for about 6 or 7 years. I really need to get in the hang of it again. I love the little people and I kept exclaiming over them. Apparently, the little people have been around for Clue games for a while and the girls were not nearly as impressed. Hey, I got the game brand new for a $1.50 at a garage sale last summer! That has to count for something.

So it was a good Sunday and then to top it off, I got to spend the whole evening after church with my sweetheart. Nowadays you take all the time you can get in the midst of busyness. It is only 5 weeks and 5 days left though! Yay for us!!

No comments: