Friday, April 11, 2008

Don't Panic!!!!

One of the features of our new car that I most delight in is the remote. I love the magic of technology as you push the buttons and door locks pop open or lock with the assurance from the flash of lights or the trunk releases from afar. These three buttons I have used with abandon these last couple of weeks. In actuality though, there are four buttons, the fourth being the "panic" button. It is appropriately the color of red.

Now the man who sold us the car, told us that the "panic" button didn't work and this fact didn't really concern us at all. It still doesn't. Today coming back from lunch though I was enlightened. I was piling a lot of stuff in my arms and my keys got squished in my fingers and up against some other things. I become aware of honking of a horn. I look around outside looking for the offenders until I realize that it is coming from my car. There was only one explanation for it and I quickly fumbled for my key chain and pressed the "panic" button. It stopped!! Well, whaddya know!! It works!! So now if I have reason to panic I have a working button, though not one to play with too often.

No comments: