Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Unexpected Element of Marriage

I just had to get this out, but if you don't feel like reading a venting session, I will not be hurt if you skip this entry.
So in the last 4 1/2 months of marriage, Zach and I have been in cycles of one sickness or another. We are not talking a little sniffle here and there, but monoculosis and Flu virus that lasts 2 weeks and other ailments. After thinking about it a little bit, I can see the sense in it as you have two people living with each other and that increases the chances of spread of disease. Thankfully, I did get gifted the mono, but I gifted my honey with the flu thing. Missed 2 weeks of church and everything. So we have both used up all of the sick time that we have been allowed so far in the year. Zach had to use more and he has to work more to make it all up and then work extra to save up for mission's trip in June. Poor guy! He stills fights getting tired so very easily. They said that getting your energy totally back up from mono can last around 6 months to a year! Yay!
I know that the vows included "in sickness and in health", but com'on. This much in the very first 4 months is ridiculous! So we continue to pray and sleep good health to come back!!
Okay, I am done venting!

No comments: