Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!

Okay, so Zach turned 26 yesterday! Yep, only 4 years from 30 and I reminded him too. Hey, I am only 5 from it so it wasn't too mean. I was postulating on how and what was going to do for the special day. Usually, you can shoot for something comparable to that which they celebrate for you on your birthday, but my case is unusual. Now for those who don't know, on my birthday this last May, Zach and I started dating. It was a most crazy and insane day, but ended well and it was a most great and wonderful birthday gift.
So I knew that I wanted to make oatmeal rainsin cookies as they are his fav. I decided to try a one up on that and tried oatmeal creme pies. That was interesting as marshmellow creme is too sweet. I tried to put in a little butter, sugar, and vanilla. It tasted way better, but the creme was leaking out snail speed. So I quickly finished about 10 and then stuck them in the fridge. I kept a few of the plainos just in case. The new recipe for the regs is quite scrumptious.
So I had dessert down and I was just going to make a mexi dish that he has said that he likes. Then I decided to get a little creative whether he was going to catch on or not. I got a couple of cards, which were quite good ones I should say, candy, and set alarms on my cell phone. It started at 10:26 and went for every 2 hours at 6 different times. Get it? He either got a call or permission to open a card thoughout the day. Dinner was at 6:26 and then dessert and his gifts were at 8:26. He had to play Hangman for the clue for his gift. We just watched "Male Order Bride" and hung out listening to his new CDs. He let me know that he really liked his birthday a whole lot.
I think that I can consider it a success, and honestly, if he is pleased this easy, then I'm going to have a ton of fun with birthdays and holidays!!

No comments: