Thursday, October 4, 2007

Marriage Counseling Reality Show?

Hey, so I was thinking if they made a marriage counseling reality show? Some could be very entertaining I'm sure, depending on the counselor and the couple. Our apparently seems to be a lot of fun for our pastor. He was chuckling as we were walking out of the church, commenting "I love it!". I will just assume that is because he says we remind him a lot of him and his wife situation wise. He is a ton of fun to counsel with. We have only hit the foundations of the roles of marriage though. Next time we will discuss communication. We still haven't had a fight, but Pastor wasn't really too surprised and reassured us that it wasn't a bad thing. I wasn't worried, since I have friends who haven't really fought till after they were married and even then they were able to take care of it well.
We were given this homework, which I couldn't decide whilst figuring out whether it was fun or if I even liked it. I hate absolutes that you aren't given a chance to explain. It is this sheet divided into two sections, one for you and one for your fiance'. (Oh and Pastor said that this was a brand new exercise and we are the first ones to try it out. Humm...) Well, you are given four personality adjectives and you have to pick only one to best describe yourself and then in the next section, your fiance'. The list is the same for both. I think that I kinda have an idea of how it is set up. We shall see. Three more sessions of counseling. Well, it is only 7 weeks and 2 days from today. Now I just wait for a little while till I can really do anything more for the wedding. Yay! A little break!

No comments: